Join Us

We have made it as simple as possible to join our Park and Protect brokerage but it still takes a few steps.

  • Contact RECA at +1 888-425-2754 and complete all of the licensing requirements. Here is a PDF graphic which explains those: Alberta Real Estate Licensing Process
  • You will receive a RECA ID and Password once you are eligible for licensing.
  • Send payment to Park and Protect for your License Parking Fee on the Payments page.
  • After payment has been made, we will initiate your registration. You will receive an automated email from RECA confirming your intention to register with us and also a suitability questionnaire verifying your personal information.
  • We will receive a copy of your suitability questionnaire and review it. You will receive an automated email from RECA acknowledging that you have been accepted along with an invoice from them for their annual RECA license registration fees.
  • Upon your online payment to RECA you will be authorized, licensed in Alberta and registered with Park and Protect.

We are the largest real estate license parking brokerage in Western Canada. There is a reason agents from RE/MAX, C21 and other large franchise offices across Canada join us. Park and Protect offers unmatched professionalism, experience and security for your parked Alberta real estate license.

Common Questions and Answers

How much will it cost me to join your brokerage?

Park and Protect charges a flat annual fee for registering with us. This fee is set each September for the upcoming licensing year, for the upcoming licensing year that fee is $649. You will also be required to pay the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) the annual Provincial licensing fee as per their fee schedule. These are annual fees and do not include applicable GST.

Why do you charge an annual fee? Why can’t I pay monthly?

The licensing year in Alberta to register with RECA runs from Oct 1 – Sept 30th. We have chose to have our license parking fee coincide with that same period. We accept only annual payments because the service we provide is provided at the time we register you with Park And Protect, it is not an ongoing or monthly service, just like your license registration with RECA.

If I quit, get fired, or die can I get a prorated refund on my license parking fee?

No. There is absolutely no circumstance in which our fee will be prorated, reduced or refunded once we have provided the service of registering your parked Alberta Real Estate License with our brokerage. FYI: RECA has the exact same policy regarding your license registration fee too.

Can I trade in real estate while I am parked?

No. We are a specialized license parking brokerage only. You are NOT authorized to trade in real estate on behalf of the brokerage under any circumstances. If you attempt to trade in real estate you will NOT be entitled to collect or be paid any commissions, will have your registration terminated without notice, and be subject to full investigation by RECA. If you want to represent clients and trade in real estate then you are welcome to go register elsewhere and pay the fees that come with being an active agent.

Can I collect referral fees while I have my license parked at Park And Protect?

YES. In fact, we not only encourage our Agents to earn money through referrals to other industry professionals, we also help them generate and collect those referrals. Additionally, we charge NO SPLIT on referral fees, meaning our Agents keep 100% of the referral commissions they generate (less only a fixed processing fee per transaction).

What if I want to switch brokerages and join a MLS brokerage instead?

Sometimes a parked agent no longer requires having their license parked. If our Agents wish to return to being active and trading in real estate in the Alberta market, we have a plan for that. Park and Protect has a financial arrangement with an MLS brokerage within the Calgary Real Estate Board, which not only allows our Agents to easily transition back to active selling should their needs change, but also offers them a credit on their fees at the Full Service MLS brokerage. So should our Agents wish to ever become an Alberta registered REALTOR we have done our best to make that option simple.

Do you provide any other services to me as an Agent?

No. Our sole service provided as a real estate license parking brokerage is the parking and protecting of your Alberta real estate license with us. We do not make money off our Agents by forcing them to purchase additional services, products, or other unnecessary upcharges. We keep this business very simple quite intentionally.

Send Us an Enquiry

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.